The Freight Transport Association has launched the FTA Logistics Awards to celebrate supply chain leadership and excellence, and recognise leaders who have made a significant contribution to the industry, either as individuals or as businesses.
FTA’s panel of independent judges will choose innovators in seven categories, including:
- Freight Carrier of the Year (covering operators in road, rail, air, sea and 3PL)
- Retail Shipper of the Year (open to retailers)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (covering manufacturers of all sizes)
- Logistics Partner of the Year (open to entries from consultants, recruitment, technology, services)
- Logistics Innovator of the Year (open to all)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services (an award specifically for Civil Engineering contractors, utilities and postal companies and highways authorities)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services (open to emergency services, public transport authorities, and outsourced service providers)
FTA will also reveal the initial leaders who have demonstrated long term commitment to and impact in the logistics industry who have been recognised by inclusion in the FTA’s Hall of Fame.
“The FTA Awards will recognise excellence and leadership amongst the companies that drive the wheels of commerce and truly keep Britain trading,” said David Wells, FTA Chief Executive.
“We will be showcasing the best that the logistics and supply chain industry has to offer and rewarding companies and individuals who have gone the extra mile to innovate.”
Nominations are now open online, by visiting the FTA’s website. To enter an award, simply describe (in less than 600 words) how your business has demonstrated industry leadership and excellence in 2017. This could relate to a specific initiative or project in employment and training, environment, customer care, technology, transformation, operational efficiency, innovation, safety or something completely different. The nominated activity should be something that has generated exceptional results and impact and is truly a leader in its class. Entries close on 9 October 2017
Judging will take place during October and the winners will be announced at an event at the InterContinental London Park Lane, on Wednesday 13 December 2017.
FTA represents all modes of the UK’s freight and logistics sector, with its members operating half of the UK’s lorry fleet (more than 200,000 vehicles) and consigning 70% of the country’s visible exports by sea and air. The UK remains a leader in logistics at a global level, ranked in the top ten countries in terms of logistics performance, and the sector contributes 11% of the UK’s non-financial business economy. In 2016, 2.54 million people were employed in logistics in the UK, approximately 8% of the UK’s workforce.