The successful candidate will initially be trained to assist with the mobilisation of trailer equipment, escort driving and go on to assist in the safe delivery of Abnormal Indivisible Loads. Furthermore the candidate will operate the equipment out in the field.
Operatives must be able to work as part of a Team with colleagues but take responsibility for the trailer operations and represent the company in front of the client base. This role is permanent and full-time.
The role will include:
- Mobilising/demobilising of hydraulic trailers & SPMT’s.
- Setting set up & operation of self-propelled trailers.
- The assembly and configuration of axle units in single and multiple assembly including co-ordinates in accordance with engineering drawings and company, policies/standards.
- Steering/operating hydraulic trailers in the field.
- Acting as trailer banksman/steersman/attendant for other Abnormal Indivisible Loads (AIL’s) utilising other extendable/steerable trailer equipment assisting drivers in extending/retracting extendable trailers.
- Training/qualifying for and carrying out heavy lift and heavy transport duties.
- Working as part of a Team on the industrial services part of the business, assisting with jacking/skidding/handling of cargo on various sites and locations.
- Assisting in setting up and demobilising clamp trailer, along with operation of clamp trailer on site.
- Assisting drivers in securing loads, on site and in our yards.
- Training/qualifying for undertaking escort duties, in line with approved code of practice and training provided.
Ideally, individuals will have previous experience within the logistics, road haulage or heavy lifting industry.
Mechanical, engineering and/or vehicle maintenance experience/qualification is preferable. Minimum 2 years+ experience in a transport/mechanical environment. Full clean driving license.
- Flexible and willing to learn.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- This is a physically demanding job at times and so a good level of personal fitness and strength to carry out duties is required.
- Must be available to work away from base at short notice for long and short periods of time, cope with unconventional working patterns as required.
- Additionally evening overtime and additional weekend working is required as needs of the business demands.
- Flexibility – This works both ways, and whilst Collett will endeavour to accommodate you where possible, we would also appreciate the same in return. Being flexible with your availability means we are able to maximise your working hours.
- Professionalism – You represent the company when you are on assignment and in your Collett uniform. We expect that you maintain our reputation at all times.
This role is be based at our Head Office at Halifax and/or our Goole Depot, although travel will be required to service our operations on our sites throughout the UK and Europe, as well as servicing our client requirements from time to time.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 08.00hrs to 17.00hrs, minimum 40 hrs. per week. Overtime and weekend working is required by the demands of the business. 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays. Contributions to the company pension scheme is offered subject to conditions. Overnight subsistence costs are paid when away from base.
Complete Collett’s online application form or contact them via the below form.